How the Best Home Security System Protects Your Home
The best home security systems work in two ways.
One, they keep burglars out, two, they provide you and your loved ones with peace of mind.
Statistics show that homes without a security system are three times more likely victimized than homes with security systems.
Basic home security systems include but not limited to a control pad, one or multiple motion sensors, magnetic switches on doors and windows, and the actual alarm. The switches and motion sensors are connected through wires or connected wirelessly.
The best home security systems include video surveillance and centralized monitoring by your alarm company. Monitored alarm systems give customers an extra level of security because trained personnel is keeping track of their security system.
One of the biggest advantages of having a home security system is the deterrent factor. If a potential thief sees the yard sign or sticker declaring that a house is protected, many of them will move onto another property without alarm company signs. If the home alarm is activated while someone is attempting to break in, he’ll be less likely to try to break in.
Burglars often look for the path of least resistance and will find a home that doesn’t have protection instead.
There are 5 fundamental parts the best home security systems will include:
- Control Panel – The control panel is the backbone or brain behind your home alarm system. The control panel is normally installed out of sight such as closet or a basement. It is not accessed very often.
- Keypad – The keypad is usually installed somewhere relatively close to the main entrance of your property. The keypad enables you to arm and disarm the alarm, as well as control the various other components.
- Magnetic contacts – Magnetic contacts are installed on doors and windows and will sound the alarm if the contact is broken while the alarm system is armed.
- Sensors – Motion sensors are the most common. If the alarm system is armed the sensors will sound the alarm if there is any motion detected.
- Alarm – The alarm is normally a loud siren or clanger and may include flashing lights for even more attention.
Searching for home alarm companies in Palm Desert? AMS is here to help with all of your home alarm needs. Contact us today to get help with your home alarm needs.
photo credit: Palm Tree By The Pool